Image Map

Evergreen Envy

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Black Friday hit my pocket book hard. I don't know about you, but I said yes when I ought to say no. I'd like to think that even though I splurged on several sites (Modcloth, Besame and in person at Chapters) that nothing was TOO much of an impulse buy. Even though, yes, all the merchandise at Modcloth was new releases so it's not like I could pre-plan my purchase, I bought shoes and a shirt I already have, just in different colours, and I bought a bracelet I had my eye on already, just also in a different colour. Plus at Besame, it was just free shipping and a free gift (shipping is usually $13) so I just bought what I was planning on buying already. Totally justified, right? (A shopaholic will justify any purchase, muahaha.)

Besides shopping and being bad, I'm up to my same usual stuff. Hiding indoors. Even though it's warmed up this week.

These are some more photos I took by myself. This set I remembered to turn the flash on, but some of the other sets I didn't! I'll post those later in the week. I literally forgot I had to pop the light thingy up, whoops. I'm liking using the tripod, but getting close up detail shots are a little tricky. But I'm still learning.

Modcloth dress, modcloth.com, green dress, Rock Steady dress, pin up, vintage style, retro style, 1950s, 50s, 1940s, 40s, peter pan collar, polka dot collar, black collar, tight fitting dress, Expecting Guest Dress, evergreen color, evergreen colour, turquoise, teal, blue green, dress perfect for holidays, Suzanne Amlin, A Coin For the Well, Windsor Ontario style blog, fashion blogger
Modcloth dress, modcloth.com, green dress, Rock Steady dress, pin up, vintage style, retro style, 1950s, 50s, 1940s, 40s, peter pan collar, polka dot collar, black collar, tight fitting dress, Expecting Guest Dress, evergreen color, evergreen colour, turquoise, teal, blue green, dress perfect for holidays, Suzanne Amlin, A Coin For the Well, Windsor Ontario style blog, fashion blogger
Modcloth dress, modcloth.com, green dress, Rock Steady dress, pin up, vintage style, retro style, 1950s, 50s, 1940s, 40s, peter pan collar, polka dot collar, black collar, tight fitting dress, Expecting Guest Dress, evergreen color, evergreen colour, turquoise, teal, blue green, dress perfect for holidays, Suzanne Amlin, A Coin For the Well, Windsor Ontario style blog, fashion blogger
Modcloth dress, modcloth.com, green dress, Rock Steady dress, pin up, vintage style, retro style, 1950s, 50s, 1940s, 40s, peter pan collar, polka dot collar, black collar, tight fitting dress, Expecting Guest Dress, evergreen color, evergreen colour, turquoise, teal, blue green, dress perfect for holidays, Suzanne Amlin, A Coin For the Well, Windsor Ontario style blog, fashion blogger
Modcloth dress, modcloth.com, green dress, Rock Steady dress, pin up, vintage style, retro style, 1950s, 50s, 1940s, 40s, peter pan collar, polka dot collar, black collar, tight fitting dress, Expecting Guest Dress, evergreen color, evergreen colour, turquoise, teal, blue green, dress perfect for holidays, Suzanne Amlin, A Coin For the Well, Windsor Ontario style blog, fashion blogger
Modcloth dress, modcloth.com, green dress, Rock Steady dress, pin up, vintage style, retro style, 1950s, 50s, 1940s, 40s, peter pan collar, polka dot collar, black collar, tight fitting dress, Expecting Guest Dress, evergreen color, evergreen colour, turquoise, teal, blue green, dress perfect for holidays, Suzanne Amlin, A Coin For the Well, Windsor Ontario style blog, fashion blogger
Modcloth dress, modcloth.com, green dress, Rock Steady dress, pin up, vintage style, retro style, 1950s, 50s, 1940s, 40s, peter pan collar, polka dot collar, black collar, tight fitting dress, Expecting Guest Dress, evergreen color, evergreen colour, turquoise, teal, blue green, dress perfect for holidays, Suzanne Amlin, A Coin For the Well, Windsor Ontario style blog, fashion blogger
Modcloth dress, modcloth.com, green dress, Rock Steady dress, pin up, vintage style, retro style, 1950s, 50s, 1940s, 40s, peter pan collar, polka dot collar, black collar, tight fitting dress, Expecting Guest Dress, evergreen color, evergreen colour, turquoise, teal, blue green, dress perfect for holidays, Suzanne Amlin, A Coin For the Well, Windsor Ontario style blog, fashion blogger

Look Ma! No Photoshop! (On my teeth, haha. Thank you baking soda!)
Modcloth dress, modcloth.com, green dress, Rock Steady dress, pin up, vintage style, retro style, 1950s, 50s, 1940s, 40s, peter pan collar, polka dot collar, black collar, tight fitting dress, Expecting Guest Dress, evergreen color, evergreen colour, turquoise, teal, blue green, dress perfect for holidays, Suzanne Amlin, A Coin For the Well, Windsor Ontario style blog, fashion blogger, vintage floral black brooch, antique, close up
Modcloth dress, modcloth.com, green dress, Rock Steady dress, pin up, vintage style, retro style, 1950s, 50s, 1940s, 40s, peter pan collar, polka dot collar, black collar, tight fitting dress, Expecting Guest Dress, evergreen color, evergreen colour, turquoise, teal, blue green, dress perfect for holidays, Suzanne Amlin, A Coin For the Well, Windsor Ontario style blog, fashion blogger, vintage floral black brooch, antique, close up

I got this dress as a Christmas gift 2 years ago and wore it out for NYE. I decided to re-mix it a bit by losing the fascinator, changing the colour of my purse and switching out my brooch (you can see how I originally wore it on Modcloth's Style Gallery.)

Outfit Details
Dress - Rock Steady (no longer available but a similar one is available on Modcloth)
Shoes - borrowed from my mom (Naturalizer)
Purse -  gift from a make-up counter (I think Lancome?)
Brooch - vintage
Earrings - Icings

When I pulled out this dress from my closet, it made me realize how few dresses (or items in general!) I had that are this lovely shade of evergreen. So I had to make some wishlists!

green dress wishlist, evergreen, holiday dress wishlist, Modcloth, Unique Vintage, Anthropologie, A Coin For the Well

Top Row L-R
1) To a Tee Time Dress - Modcloth - $95
2) Stop Staring! Green Timeless Fitted Wiggle Dress - Unique Vintage - $166
3) Cocktail Swap Dress - Modcloth - $88
4) Too Much Fun Dress in Emerald Satin - Modcloth - $90
Bottom Row L-R
5) Andrassy Dress - Anthropologie - $178
6) Conifer What It's Worth - Modcloth - $128
7) ASOS Petite Skater Dress With Lace Shoulder Insert - ASOS - $82
8) Ace of Jade Dress - Modcloth - $88

green items wishlist, green separates wishlist, coats, shoes, cardigans, earrings, jumper, A Coin For the Well, Christmas gifts

Top Row L-R
1) Under the Sunflowers Cardigan in Terrace - Modcloth - $35
2) Green Circle Skirt Jumper - Unique Vintage   - $89
3) Muzo Mimesis Drops - Anthropologie - $48
4) Skippy Town Polka Dot Coat by Tulle - Ruche - $95
Bottom Row L-R
5) Seychelles Criss Cross Mary Jane - Urban Outfitters - $90
6) Vezda Bowl - Anthropologie - $12
7) Birdlandia Cardigan in Green - Modcloth - $43
8) S'Marvelous Heel in Green - Modcloth - $38

If you'd like to see all my best looks from the season, check out my wardrobe wrap up post!

What do you think? Has green stolen your heart this holiday season?


Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments :

  1. I love this dress! The color is positively gorgeous on you!

    -Becca
    Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that oversized collar! This is a beautiful vintage look!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this. The dress is so cute. I think I can always count on you to have a fabulous vintage outfit. Love all the green! :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete